Fights, dungeons, raids and even housing… in a vast world featuring near peerless story with old (and new) gamer friends
As many of my good friends know, I am a lifelong gamer…
I have many great favorites, but thus far there is this one game that I am finding myself talking my friends into joining (not on purpose), constantly researching, constantly going back to/thinking about a lot, and most all I find the at-large player-base to be the most friendly, helpful and welcoming that I have seen in any online game (including WoW). I’ve made many friends in-game already and enjoy playing with them.
So I will list my favorite resources here, because I often go back to look things up, or I am constantly recommending to my friends because they have questions/need help. Here we go!
- Favorite timers to use when farming timed nodes: https://www.garlandtools.org/
- Best Fisher resource: https://en.ff14angler.com/index.php?
- Teamcraft: Create and reference lists for gear progression
- Skyteel Tools: Shows you the name and qty of mats needed to get Skyteel and its upgrades
- 5.3 Aethersand List
- Tegrees Guides: of my favorite youtubers who have quality guides on how to play your class/job properly
- WeskAlber Guides: another favorite guide maker that makes things easy to understand even for completely new players
- The Balance Discord: If you are no longer a newbie, this is the reference you want to use to improve your skills. Many theorycrafters staff the Balance community and they crunch the latest numbers to figure out the most efficient/effective combos, openers and style for you to be your optimal best.
MTQCapture is my favorite youtube resource for learning about the next upcoming dungeon/raid that I have to face. I often watch it before I queue up for the first time.
This Chocobo Companions and You: A Guide post has some very useful stats on training your combat chocobo. I used their recommended stats and my chocobo has proven to be a very strong partner during our fights.
From the Chocobo Companion guide above, I use the All-Rounder build. If you want the Attacker, or Defender, or Healer build, login to the forums and read the full post.
If you don’t want to login to see the post, here is a snippet of the All-Rounder build below:
- +Rank 1(1 SP) – Rank 1 Healer (HoT) [0 SP remaining]
- +Rank 2(2 SP) – Rank 1 Defender (Enmity WS) + Rank 1 Attacker (WS) [0 SP remaining]
- +Rank 3(3 SP) – Rank 2 Healer (MND Trait) [1 SP remaining]
- +Rank 4(4 SP) – Rank 3 Healer (HP Trait) + Rank 2 Attacker [STR Trait] [0 SP remaining]
- +Rank 5(5 SP) – Rank 4 Healer (Cure) [1 SP Remaining]
- +Rank 6(6 SP) – Rank 3 Attacker (+HP Trait) + Rank 4 Attacker (DoT WS) [0 SP remaining]
- +Rank 7(7 SP) – Rank 5 Healer (Acc Trait) + Rank 2 Defender (STR Trait) [0 SP remaining]
- +Rank 8(8 SP) – Rank 6 Healer (Crit Rate Trait) [2 SP remaining]
- +Rank 9(9 SP) – Rank 7 Healer (+Potency Buff) + Rank 3 Defender (HP Trait) [1 SP remaining]
- +Rank 10(10 SP) – Rank 5 Attacker (Acc Trait) + Rank 6 Attacker (Crit Trait) [0 SP remaining]
Gather Together FFXIV: This is the only podcast that I listen to and enjoy for FFXIV. It’s light-hearted, keeps me up-to-date with what’s going on with the game and the presenters come across as very decent and kind human beings.
- FFXIV Lodestone is the official SquareEnix news/resource site for the game.
- Nova Crystallis is a good source of FFXIV (and other) game news
- Masters Beginners Guide to FFXIV: This assumes you have experience and knowledge with other mmo’s or WoW, specifically.
- Collection of all the official side stories of the game that gives you more background into the realm, the characters and what’s happened.
Umm… that’s a lot of links. What exactly is FFXIV?
FINAL FANTASY IS A SERIES OF GAMES BY SQUAREENIX (FORMERLY SQUARESOFT), STARTING FROM FINAL FANTASY 1… ALL THE WAY UP TO AND BEYOND 14. THIS PAGE FOCUSES ON THE FINAL FANTASY 14 GAME, SPECIFICALLY.